Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Guest Post by K.G. Stutts

Soothing the Savage Beast
Guest Post by K.G. Stutts

There is a saying which says music soothes the savage beast. For me, writing soothes this author’s soul.

I’ve said it before on my blog. The characters write the story. I merely hold the pen. I think a lot of authors would agree with me. Characters have a way of getting under my skin if I haven’t written anything in a while or if my idea differs from how they think the At times, the creative process can be annoying.

My husband can always tell if I go periods of time without getting into a story. He says I get short and grumpy. That’s because writing to me is the ultimate form of self-expression. Much like readings, I submerge myself into the story. Transported to another world or galaxy. It’s time to escape from every day boring drama and hang on for a wild ride. When I’m writing, I’m not worried about cleaning my house or if my car needs maintenance. The dishes can wait for a few more hours. I don’t care if I had a bad day at work or my microwave isn’t working. I’m focused on Maddie and her adventures in my sci-fi romance series. My attention is on Julie and Scott as secrets which kept them apart for eleven years begins to unravel. The rest of the world is put on hold.

Sometimes it’s good to get away. At times, getting lost in Julie’s story is more beneficial than a vacation. I’m still in my recliner, on my laptop. But I’m really in Chicago chasing down a gang member alongside of my redheaded heroine. I caught in a gunfight as Julie tries to save her daughter. I’m in the interrogation room where Scott has her pinned against a wall, waiting with bated breath to know what happens next.

I always feel like a weight has been taken off me by the time I have to shut down my computer for the night. Sometimes I’m exhausted depending on where I am in the book. My characters are a part of me and I tend to leave a little bit of me in the pages you read in my stories. It’s the ultimate therapy. Escaping within the pages, putting your heart on the line… It’s a great release. But don’t take my word for it. Read Color of Dreams and see for yourself. Head over to kgstutts.com for info on when you can buy this hot crime erotica, my 1930s erotica Change the Stars, or my sweet sci-fi romance series.

About K.G. Stutts:
Growing up in Texas and later South Carolina as the youngest in a house full of science-fiction fans, K.G. Stutts had her natural curiosity and imagination nurtured since birth by family movie nights where they would watch Star Wars, Indiana Jones and even timeless Disney favorites.

A prolific writer of sci-fi, romance and mystery, K.G. draws much of her inspiration from those amazing works that gave her an appreciation for telling rich, compelling, character-driven stories for all audiences.

Book one in her science-fiction romance writings, Mirror Image, is out now by the wonderful group at http://distinguishedpress.com and a romance ebook launched at the beginning of June from http://lazydaypub.com. August 15th, she's launching a hot crime erotica, Color of Dreams with Blushing books and book two in the sci-fi romance, Mirror Shattered. She is also a contributor to http://iwassociation.com and http://thewritingnetwork.com.

Keep up with her on Facebook or follow her on Twitter. She also is on Tumblr. She lives in North Carolina with her husband, Brad and works for a customer service call center full time. She's a lover of Star Wars, Star Trek (original, TNG, and Voyager), Stargate SG-1 and Atlantis, Muppets, Garfield, Disney, Indiana Jones and is a big football, wrestling, and hockey fan.

1 comment: