Friday, October 31, 2014

A Taste for Kylie, Jackson and Four - Three Book Set by Erika Foxx

I want to take a moment to welcome back Erika Foxx! Last time I hosted her thoughtful guest post: Try this 12-step process to build a crescendo of sexual tension in your characters! This time she's back with a spotlight and review of her erotic series, A Taste for Kylie!

Genre:
Swingers

Synopsis:
These are the first three books in my Seductive Couples: Interracial Romance Menage series. The books tell the journey of Kylie and Jackson McCann, a happily married couple that have fallen into a comfortable rut in their lives. They are deeply in love with each other.

But Jackson has a secret fantasy to watch another man make love to his wife, and that leads them into a hot interracial relationship that pulls them even closer in their marriage.

In Book 1, "A Taste For Kylie," Jackson's fantasy comes true as they ask a gorgeous Jamaican man to come home with them.

In Book 2, "A Taste for Jackson," the tables are turned and Kylie gets to watch Jackson with a hot young black woman.

In Book 3, "A Taste for Four," the McCann's and their two new friends spend an unforgettable night together!

Excerpt from A Taste for Jackson:

“This is delicious.” Kylie commented as she ate another prawn. A bit of the rich garlic butter that they were served with dripped down from the corner of her mouth, and Jackson wiped it away with his napkin. The Wharf was famous for its delicious, fresh seafood dishes. The restaurant’s decor was upscale, with modern lines, soft colors and dim lighting. Kylie wore the green silk sheath dress with elegant silver heals. She was easily the best dressed woman in the restaurant. Jackson had called ahead and reserved an intimate, small, circular booth in the back corner of The Wharf.

From their position, they couldn’t see or be seen by any of the other diners. They had cozied up together when the food arrived, and they took turns occasionally feeding one another. She loved the feel of Jackson’s lips as he sucked the sweet and salty garlic butter from her fingers. Kylie was surprised that Jackson had passed on the cocktail menu. He ordered a bottle of red wine with the meal, saying he didn’t want anything stronger. She decided that now was as good of a time as any to share her idea with Jackson.

“Baby, there’s something I want to talk to you about.” Kylie began slowly.

“Honey, I know what’s been on your mind. And I promise, if you want to be with Tristan again it won’t bother me. It won’t bother me at all.” He whispered and moved her hand to the stiff bulge in his pants.

“It’s not that, Jackson,” Kylie said as she traced tiny, firm circles on Jackson’s cock. “I watched you, watching me and Tristan last week. I saw how hot it got you, and I’ve been wondering why ever since.”

“Kylie, I’ve tried to explain…” Jackson began but Kylie cut him off, putting her index finger against his lips.

“I know you’ve tried to explain it to me…and I still don’t completely understand what you got out of watching us. I was thinking maybe there’s a way I could try to understand what turned you on so much by watching me get fucked by another man…a black man. Maybe to celebrate your promotion, you should be the one to have sex tonight with another woman. A black woman. While I watch.”

She felt her husband’s cock jump in his pants at the suggestion, and her cheeks flushed red. “You like that idea, don’t you baby?” She whispered, and squeezed his cock. She felt a twinge between her legs, and her belly fluttered with the thought of watching him this time.

“Yes,” Jackson replied in a breathy whisper. “If that’s what you want.” He reluctantly removed Kylie’s hand from his crotch and held it in his. He took a minute to compose himself, pulled in a deep breath and looked into her eyes.

“I want you to really think about this baby.” Jackson said. “Watching you with someone else had been my fantasy since the day I met you. But you’re new to this, and until last week you’d never even thought about it. I’d be happy to be with someone else while you watch…but I want you to take some time to really think about it, and be sure that it’s something you really want.” They pulled apart slightly when the waiter brought them their check.

Kylie looked at Jackson as he paid the waiter, and her mind drifted. Was this something that she really wanted to see? Would this ruin the spark they had found, or would it ignite something even more passionate? She knew that she would never leave Jackson for another man, but would something like this make him fall out of love with her? Her mind swirled with the questions she had been asking herself all night, and they were mixed with the visions that she had played out in her mind, seeing Jackson’s ass humping away on a sexy black woman.

“Kylie? Honey?” Jackson asked, his words bringing her out of her daydream. She looked into Jackson’s eyes, and they bored into him. She smiled and put her hand back on his cock.

“Jackson, there’s nothing I’d love more that to see you with a sexy black lady tonight. I don’t know where this might take us, but I do know that I want to understand why it turns you on so much to see me with another man. And there’s only one way for me to do that.” She leaned in and kissed him, pushing her tongue into his mouth until it found his. Her hand squeezed his cock again, and he pulled her closer. Their kiss was molten. He pulled away for a moment, but she wanted more. She pulled him to her, and they licked and nibbled and sucked at each other’s necks until they were both squirming with lust. Jackson broke their embrace again.

“So, to Trinidad?” Jackson asked, breathing hard.

“Sounds good.” Kylie agreed.

Author Interview:

Is there any particular author or book that influenced you in any way either growing up or as an adult? 
Probably the most influential author in my writing might surprise you! It's Steven King! I never read any of his books until I was an adult because I'm not a big fan of that genre. But I decided to read "Hearts in Atlantis" and I was totally blown away at how great a story teller he is. Then I picked up his paperback book "On Writing" in a used book store and I fell in love with his concept that every story is already written. We as authors have to unearth them like an archaeologist unearths a buried fossil. I always try to keep that concept in mind when I write.

Do you ever experience writers block?
Of course! But I usually find that when I do, it's because I'm not being true to the nature of my character. I think it's my muse's way of telling me that I'm not paying attention to what the character would do or say in the scene I'm writing. That leads to the question of how to get past it, and I usually just walk away for a while and do something fun to take my mind off the story I'm writing. And most of the time it becomes obvious to me why I'm stuck, and I go right back and keep writing.

Where do you get your ideas/inspiration for your writing?
For me, it's my muse. She's somebody that lives in my imagination, yes, but she's very real and keeps me flush with ideas! And she throws them at me when I least expect it. The other day I was sitting at a stop light in traffic, and looked at the car next to me and saw a couple just staring straight ahead, and BOOM! A vision pops into my head about what they're doing below their window. I see him with one hand on the wheel and jerking off with the other, and she's got her skirt hiked up with her fingers strumming away between her legs. I might end up using that as an idea for a whole book, or just a scene somewhere.

Do you work with an outline, or just write? 
I just write. I may make some notes as I write for the sake of continuity later on in the story, but for me I just tend to follow the characters around as they do their thing and write down what I see. I've tried writing with an outline, but it just doesn't work for me.

What made you want to write erotica? 
Two things, really. First, it's an outlet for the fantasies that I think we all have. Would I ever in real life want to have three men fill every hole in my body? No, but it's sure fun to fantasize about it! Second, and don't cringe here...the profit motive. Yes, I love to write erotica, but it also happens to be a very lucrative Indie niche market, so why not get paid for what you love to do?!

Your thoughts on receiving book reviews - the good and the bad. 
I think the first thing I learned about reviews is that not everyone is going to love your story as much as you do, period. And that can be a harsh experience! As an Indie author, reviews are absolutely necessary. I need reviews to help in my marketing and promotion. I use Amazon primarily, and how your book ranks is based in part on your reviews. I try to take honest criticism for my future writing, take honest praise to heart, and try to ignore the rest!

Do you have any advice for aspiring writers?
Yes, and it's summed up in two words: read and write. No matter what genre you want to write in, you need to read--no, devour--books in that genre. Learn what's good and what's not. Pay attention to how authors develop characters, etc. Next, start to write. Set aside some amount of time every day and just write. Get in the habit of writing every single day, even if it's just for 15 minutes a day to start.

What is the hardest part and the easiest part of being an erotica writer? 
For me, the hardest part is weaving the sex into the plot so that it seems natural and not forced. My favorite erotic stories are those where the sexual tension builds slowly through the story and culminates in an amazing climax for all involved. And that's hard for me to do well, to get the mix of story and sex just right. The easiest part for me is actually writing the description of the sex itself.

What does your writing area look like? 
I use a laptop when I write, and I can be comfortable writing just about anywhere. My favorite place to write is on my patio, where I can enjoy the outdoors, surrounded by the fragrances from my flowers, the birds chirping, feeling a gentle breeze...aaahhh!

Will you have a new book coming out soon? Can you tell us about it? 
I do have a couple of new books in the works right now. I'm working on the next book in the Kylie and Jackson series that I plan to publish in late summer or early fall, with the series finale to follow by the end of the year. I continue to write my blog of short-short stoires, and I plan to compile those stories into an anthology in early 2015. I'm also working with some other erotica authors on an anthology of stories to be released for New Years 2015. Write, write, write!

My Review:
A young couple vying to spice up their marriage don't have to look far when they decide to enact husband Jackson's most secretive fantasy. Together, this couple discovers the intimacy that can be gained by trusting, sharing, and accepting their wildest dreams. This trilogy has just the right mix of plot and sex leaving the reader engaged with the story while at the same time not wanting for the sex! Instead of falling prey to the "sequel syndrome" the spice in this series gets increasingly more exotic with each installment.

No comments:

Post a Comment